23 Jan Valentine’s Day Heart Crayons
Valentine’s Day is well on its way! And with a major craft holiday full of Rudolphs and snowmen over, it’s time to start thinking about what other crafts would be fun, such as Valentine’s Day themed crafts. Every parent loves watching their children do what makes them happy, and nine times out of 10, crafts will do just that. Continue reading to learn what Valentine’s Day crafts preschools in your area are constructing.
Every kid loves coloring. Create Valentine’s Day crayons by peeling the paper off of the crayon and melting them. You’ll need to buy a box of crayons and silicone heart molds, both cupcake or candy molds work well. We recommend using silicone because the finished product will be easier to pop out of the mold when they’re cooled.
- Peel the crayons.
- Break each individual crayon up into about three or four pieces. Place the broken pieces into the molds.
- Set your oven to 250 to 275 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the crayons from the oven and let them cool.
- Once the crayons have cooled, pop them out of the silicone mold and continue to let them cool.
- Mixing colors is fun but don’t mix more than a few so that your kiddos can still use and see the separate colors in each heart.
- Don’t turn your oven up to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. If you decided to buy thicker crayons, increase the temperature of your oven by 10 degrees. You may have to wait a few minutes longer to get the finished product.
Even though your children do plenty of arts and crafts at preschool, having their own crafts at home is great! Give your kiddos a Valentine’s Day craft they’ll appreciate. Stay tuned for more great Valentine’s Day crafts to try!